Thursday, February 11, 2010

Things People (We) Say...

I started thinking tonight about my childhood and my past and it is so amazing the things people say. Not excluding myself because we all do it! Making promises we don't intend to keep to friends and everyone around us, and I do not what made me think about it, but my rambling mind just went there, and it started down several paths. You know as a child we dream up all these things, what our spouse will be like, what kind of house we will have, the car we will drive, and what we will be when we grow up, and not all the times but most of the times it is SILLY and so funny to think back on. When in all reality God has different plans for us, plans we usually don't see coming for us! MUCH MUCH GREATER things than what we could EVER imagine! Like usually, the moment you quit looking for love is when you find it! Or when the moment you think now is the time I give up on whatever it may be that is when God prevails and turns that right around and gives you something or blesses you in a way that you never imagined He would! But to get back to the things people say, it just amazes me because you tell your best friend from kindergarten you will be friends forever, and not to say that doesn't happen, because sometimes it does, but you don't know that, life happens, and everyone changes and goes there own direction! And talking about people change boy don't we all! I know personally I have changed, not for the bad but changes do come in our life, as life happens and things happen, they make us into who we are, so personally I think we all change on a daily basis because of who we meet, the paths we go down, and the choices we make! Kind of similar to the song by Lady Antebellum "leave your plans behind" and this is what you have to do because God's plans are so much bigger than any plans we could ever have for ourselves for example...I NEVER thought I would have such an AMAZING boyfriend like I have now, God REALLY surpassed my expectations and blessed me in a BIG way, BJ is everything I dreamed about and more. The jobs that I have today in a time when it is hard to find one, I have two maybe not what I went to school for, but that will come in God's timing and not a day before, of course some days it is harder for me to focus in on that than others but I try and I am learning it is about counting the blessings that you do have not focusing on what you don't have! I have met some GREAT people along my journey so far and know that this will continue! God has placed some very wise people in my life that make me see these positives things even when I don't really want to! And I am not one bit disappointed for the things people have said or done in my life, or the things that I have been through in my life because they all are a part of me and made me who I am today, if it wasn't for all of these things I would not be where I am today or who I am today! Never do I regret for one moment the people I have encountered or been friends with througout my life so far because they all are a part of who I am today! I feel that you are a changed person because of each person that you meet and that God places in your path! So I am thankful for each person that I get to encounter and meet each day, there is a reason for that!

No comments:


Me and BJ